Updated Event: Emerald City Book Club #Tuesday - Tuesday, September 21, 2021 #Tuesday #cal-invite

main@EmeraldCityT-Girls.groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>

Emerald City Book Club #Tuesday

When:
Tuesday, September 21, 2021
7:00pm to 9:00pm
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Online via ZOOM.

View Event

Hello all!
   I hope this message finds you all doing well! Emerald City's Book Club meets next Tuesday, at 7:00 pm via Zoom to start.
Our new book will be "Little Fish" by Casey Plett- When thirty-year-old trans woman Wendy Reimer comes across evidence that her late grandfather—a devout Mennonite farmer—might have been transgender himself, she dismisses this revelation, having other problems at hand. But as she and her friends struggle to cope with their increasingly volatile lives—which range from alcoholism, to sex work, to suicide—Wendy grows increasingly drawn to the lost pieces of her grandfather’s life, becoming determined to unravel the mystery of his truth. Alternately warm-hearted and dark-spirited, desperate and mirthful, Little Fish explores the winter of discontent in the life of one transgender woman as her past and future become irrevocably entwined.
We will be discussing the first three chapters. If you have not read that far, you still are welcome to participate, but you may get spoilers.

Gabriela Rose Pennisi
Emerald City Social Club- Secretary
pronouns: she/her/hers
@gabrielarose333