On Tap This Week: 9/20 - 9/27 #WeeklyNotice

Rebecca Herring

Here are your two events for the week:

Tuesday, September 21st, 7:00pm to 9:00pm: Emerald City Book Club, online via ZOOM; Meeting Link-https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89169799159?pwd=VnE4RTdIUlF5VnhLZ2YzcjhDVmxhdz09  Passcode: 855414
   Hello all!
   I hope this message finds you all doing well! Emerald City's Book Club meets next Tuesday, at 7:00 pm via Zoom to start.
Our new book will be "Little Fish" by Casey Plett- When thirty-year-old trans woman Wendy Reimer comes across evidence that her late grandfather—a devout Mennonite farmer—might have been transgender himself, she dismisses this revelation, having other problems at hand. But as she and her friends struggle to cope with their increasingly volatile lives—which range from alcoholism, to sex work, to suicide—Wendy grows increasingly drawn to the lost pieces of her grandfather’s life, becoming determined to unravel the mystery of his truth. Alternately warm-hearted and dark-spirited, desperate and mirthful, Little Fish explores the winter of discontent in the life of one transgender woman as her past and future become irrevocably entwined.
We will be discussing the first three chapters. If you have not read that far, you still are welcome to participate, but you may get spoilers.
Gabriela Rose Pennisi Emerald City Social Club- Secretary
pronouns: she/her/hers
@gabrielarose333

Thursday, September 23rd, 6:30pm to 8:30pm: Tex-Mex on Broadway, La Cocina Y Cantina, 432 Broadway E. Seattle

Well, that would be Capital Hill's Broadway. We are keeping the heat on with EC and meeting for Tex-Mex dinner at La Cocina Y Cantina. It has been a favorite haunt of ours over the Summer months. So much so that the staff knows us well when we show up. Christine has even brought a bouquet of Sunflowers there on our way to a different event. They have Big Margaritas and delicious Pina Coladas. Come join us for Bueno Tiempos.
 3 blocks north of the Capitol Hill Light Rail Station, John St. exit.